How can we maximise the benefits of Outdoor Learning and Literacy?
(This is also included in The Thinking Child Network Membership)
The benefits of learning outdoors are well known. When children have opportunities for physical interaction and thinking creatively in a less structured environment it is known to have a positive impact on behaviour, concentration and learning outcomes.
There is now a way to maximise the benefits of outdoor learning with teaching literacy objectives right across Key Stages 1 & 2
Over 100 Ideas for Outdoor Literacy: Key Stages 1 & 2
- Easily embedded into medium and short term planning cycles.
- At a glance index – choose from over 100 outdoor activities that will motivate and engage children.
- Covers the breadth of NC objectives from each Key Stage.
- Based on games and a playful attitude to learning.
- Opportunities for working in different ways; small groups, pairs, whole class - encourages independent thinking.
- A quick way to adopt a whole school approach to the creative teaching of literacy outdoors
Outdoor Learning Pack
Once you have completed your payment, an email will be sent to you with a link to download this product.